[Phpmyadmin-devel] tests on cvs version

Benjamin Gandon gandon at isia.cma.fr
Thu Aug 2 17:21:03 CEST 2001

Hi everybody,

I made some tests on the cvs version and here are my comments:

- one stripSlashes() that should not be done when executing SQL
  queries an a database. The query displayed in the textarea after
  execution has slashes stripped off, and that should not be done.

- mysql_die2() is called in db_readdump.php3 though this funciton does
  not exist

- why DEVELOPER is not already removed from cvs ?

- in Documentation.html: "Obviously, you're free to use whatever
  coding style you want." Thas was true by the time Tobias started
  coding. Now, I would put "Please follow the PEAR coding standards as
  close as possible when indenting and formating your code."

- on main.php3, please remove the "Official phpMyAdmin Homepage" link!

- tbl_properties.php3: why is there only a "browse" link on top and
  whereas then there are tree "Browse - Select - Insert" links? Why
  not put the tree "Browse - Select - Insert" links on top of the
  page too?

- tbl_properties.php3: there is no link to "empty" the table. this
  feature is only available in db_details.php3. why not putting it in
  tbl_properties.php3?

- PLEASE TELL IT WHEN YOU CHANG ALL END OF LINES! It's really a hell
  dealing with confilcts all over each file! It's really not a common
  thing, so you *MUST* warn everybody before doing it!

- I can't manage to use the ssh cvs access. Can nybody help me with
  that? Here is what happens when I try a checkout:

$ cvs -d:ext:gandon at cvs.phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpmyadmin co phpMyAdmin
gandon at cvs.phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net's password:
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/g/ga/gandon: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/users/g/ga/gandon): No such file or directory

Thanks !