[Phpmyadmin-devel] removing remarks is useless

Benjamin Gandon gandon at isia.cma.fr
Thu Aug 2 16:18:33 CEST 2001

I forgot one more thing:

- lib.inc.php3: the function remove_remarks() is bugged because
  if a string contains a '#' in a string, it is considered as a
  comment. As stated in bug #444279.

I already said that comments need not being stripped off queries.
Mysql works just fine if you give it all the comments. No need
removing them (as is was in my 2.1.0.1 version).

I made tests and removing the call to remove_remarks() does not
affect queries that have comments *at all*. The call to
remove_remarks() is *really* useless in db_readdump.php3.

PS: sorry for double posting one of my previous messages.