[Phpmyadmin-devel] split_sql_file produces sometimes wrong pieces

Benjamin Gandon gandon at isia.cma.fr
Tue Aug 7 16:05:15 CEST 2001

> Yes I added that line and it was to fix an error involving
> round brackets.

So that really was a quick hack. I think you should have
mentionned that in the code.

> The problem is that
> readdump.php is
> set-up to try and handle too many different types of queries.

Well, I still think it's suitable like that. Indeed dealing with
an uploaded dump and a dump that would have been pasted in the
SQL query textarea is really the same and I think it really has
to be treated the same way.

> > Actually, there is another big bug in this function that is here
> > since the very begining of phpMyAdmin. Try that kind of manual SQL
> > insert and it won't work:
> > insert into table values ('\\');insert into table values ('\\');
>
> This problem can be fixed with some quite complex code, but
> is will make the
> code so slow it will be absolutely useless for database/table
> restoration.

Well, it's already fixed in CVS. Go and have a look at the code.
Honestly, I don't think it's as complex as that. If you find
some bug, please tell me.

> The only solution I can think of is to split the database
> restore code from the normal queries text box

> So the choice is to either live with the current small bugs
> or rethink and
> redesign the whole section.

Now, the bug should be away. Could you test?

> I have included a small test table containing lots of
> different symbols,
> this was the test data used to verify the current system.

Could you test the current CVS version with your test table, to
see if my modification is ok? That would really help.

	Benjamin