[Phpmyadmin-devel] tests on cvs version

Benjamin Gandon gandon at isia.cma.fr
Tue Aug 7 16:23:33 CEST 2001

> > - PLEASE TELL IT WHEN YOU CHANG ALL END OF LINES! It's really a hell
> >   dealing with confilcts all over each file! It's really
> not a common
> >   thing, so you *MUST* warn everybody before doing it!

I'm sorry I got angry a bit fast. Actually dealing with such simple
conflicts is not such a big thing...

> Do you mean when I used remove_control_m.sh?

Yep. In fact it is kind a coordination problem. Coordination is needed
as mentionnend in "what is not CVS" in Molli's CVS manual.

I thought you would warn the mailing list before doing such an
update. I think freezing CVS or something like that is required
before updates that deal with such an amount of lines or else
every body who has made changes in the meanwhile can't commit
them because they conflict.

An entry in ChangeLog is not sufficient because developers can't
see it early enough. When they try to commit and have conficts,
it's too late.