[Phpmyadmin-devel] Is phpMyAdmin a virus?

Armel FAUVEAU webmaster at phpindex.com
Tue Aug 7 19:33:11 CEST 2001

Hi all,

> Ok my subject is for fun, but seriously, I received an email
> with an attached file:
>
> phpMyAdmin-2.2.0rc3-php3.zip.bat
>
> asking to take a look at the file.
>
> I guess that depending on my email client, I could have seen
> phpMyAdmin-2.2.0rc3-php3.zip and be tempted to double-click it.
>
> Well I didn't because this contains a virus.

This is SIRCAM, a Worm/Virus.
And I received the same last week with phpMyAdmin in attached file (and much
of others before with MPEG, Zip, Word or Excel files, etc.).

The (enfected) sender of this mail had a copy of phpMyAdmin RC3 in his own
disk.
And your email adress in his adress book.

Of course, you can configure postfix or sendmail (with procmail) to reject
this mail.

http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/sircam.shtml
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99141
And so on...