[Phpmyadmin-devel] putting a @, or if (function_exists)) ?

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Thu Aug 9 08:04:18 CEST 2001

Hi Marc & all!

>Should we check if the function extension_loaded exists before calling
>it?  Or is the @ enough?

'@' is not enough, you have to use "if
(@function_exists('extension_loaded'))"
to do the work.

>And should we do this for every PHP4-specific function we find in the
>code?

Well, this could be a good idea but in the case of the bug report we're
talking
about, the problem is a bit more annoying: lots of the functions that exists
in
php3.0.10+ and php4.0.0 are not implemented in php4.0 beta releases. It
means that you have to test each function (even php3 ones) before to use
them.... Really painfull.

Loïc