[Phpmyadmin-devel] D-7 Main changes 2.1.0 -> 2.2.0

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Sun Aug 19 22:31:30 CEST 2001

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Olivier M. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tried to list the most important changes/improvements between
> the 2 versions. Please update/comment/add/remove :)
>

> CHANGES 2.1.0 -> 2.2.0
> ======================
>
> - security fixes
> - new languages: thai, swedish, ...
> - removed necessity of magic_quotes_gpc (autodetection)
> - dynamic multiple language support, with automatic browser language detection
> - gzip and HTTP compression support
> - user and db administration page
> - improved documentation
> - bookmarks (sql queries) feature
> - better file import/export possibilities
> - database usage statistics
> - javascript and html/css compatibility improvements
> - table maintenance features (repair, check, optimize)
> - maintained PHP3 compatibility
> - better BLOB support
> - ...
> - 1000 other small fixes and improvements :)
>

> Greetings,
> Olivier

I've brought up 2.1.0 (from work) and 2.2.0rc5 CVS from a few minutes ago
(from home), and here's what else I can see:

- Table and database dump improvements:
   Data-only
   Selected tables or number of rows
   Gzipped
- "Show this query here again" on database
- Table usage and row statistics
- Query at table-level
- Sort table in-place
- Table comments
- Multiple table types
- Drop table at table-level
- Backslash cleanup all over the place
- Browse/Select/Insert/Empty at top of table-level
- Edit/Delete at left on browse-level
- "Insert as new row" at edit-level
- Improved ENUM and SET handling when displaying, ALTERing, or editing
- "Length/Set" value ignored for field types that don't support it

BTW, I showed 2.2.0rc3 to a co-worker and he was excited/impressed. You guys
have done a PHENOMENAL job. Thank you for making such a wonderful product.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>