[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problem with rc4

lance lance at uklinux.net
Tue Aug 21 19:27:13 CEST 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Olivier M. wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 04:38:56PM +0100, lance wrote:
> > I have a problem when editing the result of a select query, when you post
> > the edit the db gets updated but phpmyadmin then comes back with an sql
> > error trying to redisplay the results - every time ...
>
> well, which query exactely ?

using SELECT in the interface and then editing one of the resulting
records, when you save it doesnt redisplay but says sql error.

I'll set up a database to demonstrate it if you want ...

> > Also a suggestion - in the right hand frame when you click on the db in
> > the lh frame, could not the table properties be collapsed under a link
> > that said 'properties' so you can expand it if you want, but all the other
> > options would be visible on the screen. There are a lot more options in
> > the new version ....
>
> don't see exactely what you mean. would you like a kind of db_details-light
> page ?

Just the main database page is now too big, so the properties could by
default be not shown , but under a bullet and link - database properties
like the bullet and link for 'Print view'

> > Also - any chance of the 'drop database' option being configurable to not
> > be available ... we run an isp and offer phpmyadmin - its a real pain when
> > users drop their databases without going through our interface ...
>
> that is a _good_ idea. also got the same problem here with my own
> customers...

:)

> a link "reset database" which would remove all the tables at once
> would also be practical (is somewhere in the feature requests tracker
> as far as I can remember) : often requested by users here.

or maybe call it - 'drop all tables' - like phorum tech support tell my
users to do - but they only see 'drop database' and do that instead :(

> these 2 things are not too complex, maybe it can be done before the
> end of the week...

Great - I must take a look at the code and see if I can help with anything
..

Regards
Lance