[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: to delay or not to delay ?

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Tue Aug 28 00:29:07 CEST 2001

Hi Olivier & All!

Well I don't yet whether we should delay the plain 2.2.0 release
or not because I can't find enough time to have a deep look at
the new bugs since last friday.

>Btw, what is this $fields_prev[] information for ?

Let's say one of your field current value is `this is "my" vel`.
To have it displayed and take into account as a value of a
form field it has to rewritten to `this is & quot;my & quot; val`.
Let's say that while altering the current record you do not
modify this field (ie you modify only onther(s) fields), then the
value passed by the form is `this is & quot;my & quot; val`
and your field will be updated with this value.
$fields_prev[] is only a way to ensure fields with special
characters would be modified only if this is trully required
by the user.

>And it seems to be ok now. If the one who made that (loic ? :)
>could check if it is ok, that would be nice thanks.

Will check this asap.

Cheers,
Loïc