[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [+] thing on text type fields

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Wed Aug 29 20:37:01 CEST 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 08:17:47PM +0200, Loïc wrote:
> Sorry Olivier because I wanted to send a post to the m-l
> about the [+] thing rather than send you mail... Too much
> stress.

No probl :)

> >Suggestion: better would be the same link (looks good with
> >that "+"), but which would open a SELECT 'field' from table
> >where ..., which would only show that field. -> nicer, ability
> >to print it, and size of browse table ok.
>
> Really hard to do (and at the condition of loosing the cut in kb
> transmitted) if there is no primary key or if the primary key is
> ... the text field itself.

that is right. maybe this could be shown just on tables with one
primary key ?

> >Don't know if that is possible in 1-2 hours :) If not, I'd suggest to
> >get back to last version.  (just IMHO of course...)
> -> Let's get back.

ok. but something that would still be usefull, is to add a button
[show everything] or something like that that would ignore the
$cfgLimitChars variable just for one view : just simply for the
current view, or maybe with a toggle effect, and propagation
with the [next] and [prev] page buttons. Would be the work of
maybe 10-15 mins.

Do you want to do it ? Otherwise I would, but not right now:
first have to try to rescue a qmail server in egypt :)

Olivier