[Phpmyadmin-devel] about cfgLimitChars

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Thu Aug 30 20:34:33 CEST 2001

Hi Marc,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:26:40AM -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Reading this, and also seeing the new buttons "Full strings", "Cutted strings", I would
> believe that this limit will be applied to chars, varchars, but

that is right. corrected the buttons.

> it is only (currently) applied to TEXT fields (I wonder why...)

because only TEXT's can be up to 64kB (or even longer with LONGTEXT, etc...).
all strings would also be fine: let's take it as todo for another version :)

Loic:
how could we solve this $SelectNumRows in case of nb_rows = 1 ?
what about an
if (!isset($SelectNumRows)) { $SelectNumRows = 1; }
somewhere just before the var is called ?

Anything else pending before package&release ?
Cheers,
Olivier