[Phpmyadmin-devel] Countdown... :)

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Tue Jul 3 18:07:37 CEST 2001

Hi All!

>So now, what about a 2.2.0  (or 2.5.0 ?) this week-end ?

I prefer 2.2.0 because no huge testings have been done yet
(I would like to see some ISP upgrading their current version
with the 2.2.0, facing some annoying bugs....)

>There are still lots of things on the tracker, but are
>here still very urgent bugs ?

Maybe one or two:
- see message #185178 in the Open discussion forum (for
   Marc IMHO);
- see message #186321 in the Open discussion forum (Pete
   may be the one who knows the best this part of the code);

As to me, I would like to implement a better authentification
system (because the current one requires Apache, php
loaded as an apache module -quite restrictive-, and there
is no way to trully logout with it).
A patch has been put into the patch tracker to use
a cookie driven authentification work and could be merged quickly into the
current code. But of course it requires the
user to enable cookies.
An other way could be to use a db session driven handler
(just like phpLib) but then it requires a db and a table to be
created before to use phpMyAdmin...

We discussed a bit about these alternatives with Marc.
Maybe some other ones among you have some more ideas?

Greets,
Loïc