[Phpmyadmin-devel] Gzip HTTP Content-Encoding patch

jeremy brand jeremy at nirvani.net
Fri Jul 20 16:45:09 CEST 2001

Howdy all,

I wonder if the timeout is (since the gziping takes time -- presumably
more time) that maybe we have reached our set_time_limit() (default in
php.ini of 30 seconds).

I thought about this when I was writing it, but it didn't seem to be an
issue specifically of doing gzip compression.  I think this may be a
separate issue that this patch has discovered.

Anyone know if set_time_limit() is set anywhere in phpMyAdmin?  If so, on
big dumps it should be set to set_time_limit(0) [indefinate] because you
never know how long it will take to send the data.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Brand :: Sr. Software Engineer :: +393485323988 :: jeremy at nirvani.net
http://www.JeremyBrand.com/Jeremy/Brand/Jeremy_Brand.html for more

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, the following spilled from the mind of Marc Delisle: