[Phpmyadmin-devel] cvs is open!

Geert Lund - SilverSoft Productions glund at silversoft.dk
Tue Jul 31 00:20:33 CEST 2001

Oh, back from a couple of days of vacation ;o)

> Loic's version has been merged into cvs.  Previous version has been
> tagged 'rc3' as suggested by Olivier.

So it seems - but I've been looking a bit around the code and one thing
really annoys me about the changes - that it seems that there's no
consistency in the use of outputting HTML-code - and there has been a
lot of changes in that I can see... A lot of places the source code has
been changed from echoing HTML - to including embedded HTML with echoing
of a single PHP-variable (jumping in and out of PHP code execution).

So I really think a code-cleanup in this matter is required - we eighter
use:

<?php echo "some_html_here_and_a_variable_here"; ?>

or:

?>
some_html_here_<?php echo "outputting_a_PHP_variable_here"; ?>
<?php

I hope you understand what I'm trying to illustrate - but in case you
don't - try having a look at:

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/tbl_change.php3.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19>

And specially the marked changes from Line 77 (in old version) and
forward.

My suggestion is to always use of echoing all output via the PHP echo
function-call instead of using the jumping in and out of PHP method
making it a lot easier and quick to alter PHP code in the future.

--
Kind regards
Geert Lund