[Phpmyadmin-devel] stable-branch todo

Sun Jun 3 01:53:00 CEST 2001

Hi,

"Olivier M." a écrit :

> 'morning
>
> As some of you told me, it would be soon the time to release a
> stable version of the current tree. What in your opinon must
> be done before ? Here a few personal ideas: please comment or add
> your ideas:

Yes, good idea.  If this is 2.2.0pre4, we don't have to add every new features
asked for :)
But the real bugs should be killed before the real 2.2.0.

> [ ] fix the mysql_select_db($db) problem (cf. my other post an hour
>         ago)

if it's a real problem.

> [ ] fix (or if it's too much work: move to the -devel tree)
>         the user administration routines  (cf. other post)

They work well here.

> [ ] create a FAQ file or page (look at the questions asked
>         on http://www.phpwizard.net/phorum/list.php?f=1 : they
>         are almost always the same...)

I suggest you add new feature requests for those things, I would like to do
some and it's easier to see what's assigned or not.

> [ ] table view (tbl_properties) : move the "Table type:" at the
>         end of the page, as well as the "Table comments:" input
>         field. But display the comment (if any) under the title
>         (Database ___ - table \n $comment)
>
> [ ] table view (tbl_properties):  move the "Select" and "Insert"
>         links higher (before "Check table") : important functions
>         should be higher on the page than functions used less often.
>
> [ ] what about using bigger input fields and textareas while
>         editing records ? Dynamicaly (if length of field < 40, show
>         a field of the right size, otherwise show a field of size
>         40), or by adding 3 variables to the config file
>         (text_field_length, textarea_rows_nb, textarea_cols_nb...)

For this one, we discussed this on the devel list.  Users of IE already can
modify
$cfgMaxInputsize, but this relies on things that are broken in Netscape 4.  So
I suggested
adding some variables...

> [ ] update CREDITS, DEVELOPERS, README files
>
> [ ] record editing: remove "insert new row" if we are not editing
>         an entry (inserting a new one), and rename the button
>         as "Insert as a new row" (will need a new text label
>         I guess).

There is a feature request about this, with some suggestions....