[Phpmyadmin-devel] bug or feature?

Wed Jun 27 16:26:13 CEST 2001

I just got a patch from a user, about this:
"I have attached two changes I made to phpmyadmin 2.1.0 to keep the content of
BLOB data fields (images for example) intact after editing a table row with phpmyadmin. See my
comments in the code."

I will check this and come back to you.

Steve Alberty a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> i have found a strange phpMyAdmin reaction.
>
> if you insert a string like this:
>
> -snip-
> for ($i=0,$str="";$i<=255;$i++) $str.=chr($i);
> mysql_query("insert into table (xy) values('".AddSlashes($str)."')");
> -snap-
>
> .. into a blob field, you can't edit and save this row if you use
> phpMyAdmin.
>
> the question is, it is a bug or a feature, because it saves the binary data.
>
> --
> Steve Alberty [mailto:alberty at neptunlabs.de]
> NeptunLabs GbR

Service de l'informatique