[Phpmyadmin-devel] Release plans

Sat Jun 30 13:09:47 CEST 2001

Hi,

I would appreciate your feedback on those suggestions.  I don't want to
hurt anybody's feelings with this.

1. We erase the "stable" branch and rename phpMyAdmin-devel to
phpMyAdmin. It will be easier to work on a single branch.  For me, cvs
means development.  Developers are encouraged to try really big changes
on their machines first, discuss them on the -devel mailing list, them
commit them to cvs.

2. We release the cvs phpMyAdmin (which was -devel) as v2.2.0 in the
next few days.

3. This version will not be perfect, the docs won't be complete, but it
works quite well.  Releasing it will generate more interest, more
testing in the field.

4. Maybe v2.2.1 will have better docs, if developper time permits. I
would like to work on an integrated Documentation.html.  And better
translations...

5. We remove the "unofficial" mention.  For me, Tobias comment:
"I like your version and would like it to be the official version."
is enough to mark it "official".

6.  Accept the fact that for now, we can't have a presence on phpwizard.

Marc (Lem9)