[Phpmyadmin-devel] Extensions: .php3 .php

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Wed May 9 23:13:33 CEST 2001

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 04:18:41PM -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> there is a pending feature request, and a message in the forum, about the problem for the persons
> that are using an Apache configured to recognize only .php extensions.
> I guess we could make the extension variable, depending on a variable in the config file.

and then, how would it help ? Every file would have to be twice in the
tar.gz: as .php and as .php4...

> And maybe a symlink index.php for index.php3.

wouldn't work under windows...

I think the best is to continue the same way as before:
for releases, put 2 zip files: one only with .php3 extensions,
and one with .php.  The unix gurus will know how to use
the extchg.sh script, and good configured servers can read
both .php and .php3 and .phtml files :)

> If there is concensus about this, I am volunteer to do the job :)

would be interested to know what you would do / whould have done :)

Greetings,
Olivier