[Phpmyadmin-devel] new auth

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Fri Nov 9 07:06:04 CET 2001

Bonjour,  (yes, I'm still alive, just hat 36000 things to do the last months, sorry :)

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 08:52:36AM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I think we could *add* another auth mecanism for PHP4 servers: session-based.  I use it in all my
> other LAMP-based projects (did not try it with WAMP) and my users have no problems.

Yes, a session-based auth would be something we should really add.

Like Marc I'm using the standard php4 sessions for years (or maybe
months), but it seems that Loic don't like them because they are buggy,
so we could maybe  use an home-made session system? This is not an
hard thing: it would just require a mysql table.
(id, session_id, username, db, passwd, ip, expiration, timestamp)

Another argument for an home-made solution is that is would still
work under php3...

I think it should still work even if the browser has turned of the cookies
support -> so we would nearly have to keep the session_id in every url or
post request.

Regards,
Olivier