[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.2.2-rc1 delayed a bit

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Mon Nov 12 02:49:01 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 09:37:04AM +0100, Loïc wrote:
> I didn't roll 2.2.2-rc1 during the past week-end because I'm
> waiting for the Arabic translation: since it requires some
> meaningfull changes in the code (for right to left writing) I

wow, good luck :)

And what about the session-based stuff ? Have you already started
to code something, or could I work on it ?

> It would be nice if someone who knows a bit about the use
> of socket may have a look at this thread in the phpWizard forum:
> http://www.phpwizard.net/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=6538&t=6532

you mean
"What is the best way to connect to MySQL via phpMyAdmin? tcp or socket? What are the ads/drawbacks?"?

and this:

"Thanx, 'socket' is the solution.
But for me as a programmer tcp vs. socket is a little bit confusing.
A socket is defined as an communication endpoint which can use of course tcp as communcation protocol (AF_INET) and on most OS's
you have only the socket() call to establish tcp connections."

well... I think the default settings (TCP, localhost) are fine for mostely
everybody. I guess there is a little overhead if you use the TCP socket,
but that's shouldn't be too bad...  Any idea from mysql programmers ? :)

Olivier