[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: Connecting via Pipes on Windows

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Thu Nov 15 13:48:02 CET 2001

Hi List!

I forward this message from John Down (thanks to him):

don't know, if that breaks anything in your code, but it seems to work
for me:

there is something in common.lib.php that makes it impossible to
connect to mysql on a Windows System via Pipes.

It's on lines 298-301:
        // Don't use servers with no hostname
        if (empty($val['host'])) {
            unset($cfgServers[$key]);
        }

If I comment this out, Pipes are also possible.

I just wanted to mention, maybe there are some people interested in
the "skip-networking" option for mysql, which makes it possible to
operate without an open 3306 tcp port on Windoze also.

At least I never saw this somewhere documented, but if you give no
hostname, php connects via pipes on the localhost.

Funny: $cfgServers[1]['connect_type']  = 'tcp'; has no meaning in that
case...

Have a nice day,
Jones