[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: RC for 2.2.2 (indexes editing,....) + bug

Michal Cihar nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 16 00:53:04 CET 2001

Hi Loic and list,

> >I've tested version in cvs and there are still some problems while adding
> >fields to existing index. Tomorrow I'll have a look at it and probably
> > make some fix of it.
>
> What are these problems and do you manage to fix them?

It's a bit unusual, but unfortunately it was the first thing I tried: When I
edit any index and I change it's name (also when I change PRIMARY key type to
anything else) and then when adding field(s), old index parts get lost. This
should be fixed by attached patch.

> >And there also could be some JavaScript that would disable non-text
> > fields, while selecting index type "FULLTEXT".
>
> Hum, I'll try to have a look at this tomorrow.

Great

> To all: two questions about indexes...
>
> 1. Do we still need "Primary, Index...." to be displayed in the table
> properties
>     for each colums? IMHO the patch from Michal is enough and those
> features are deprecated.

I thing that these actions are not needed anymore, but it is easiest to
create index on one field using these actions than using advanced editing...

> 2. What to do whith indexes while creating a table? Should we keep this
>     feature as is (maybe just replace the three checkboxes by a combo) or
>     extend the index creation so it looks like the patch from Michal?

At least there should stay checkbox for primary key.

> .. and one more: what do you think of a 2.2.2-rc1 tomorrow (or maybe
> a 2.3.0-rc1 since there are a bunch of new functionnalities ?)?

I don'k know, whether there is enough new features to 2.3.0 ;o)

But there is at least one bug in current cvs version: when dumping table I
get empty inserts, even if table contains some data:

INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');
INSERT INTO test VALUES ('', '', '', '', '');

Regards
	Michal Cihar
	nijel at users dot sourceforge dot net