[Phpmyadmin-devel] About spam - Just thought that you might like to know that I got response from Jo Ann - and what I've answered back :-)

Geert Lund - SilverSoft Productions phpmyadmin-devel at silversoft.dk
Thu Oct 4 21:35:01 CEST 2001

Hello Jo Ann.

The problem is - that you are not allowed to spam the
phpmyadmin-user at lists.sourceforge.net e-mail adress. That has nothing to do
what so ever with what you have paid for by som third party !! e-mail spam
reseller !! - that dosen't make spamming more legal... And I tell you in a
nice way - that your advertising on the above mentioned e-mail adress is
SPAM - as soon as I tell you that your e-mails aren't wanted - it turns to
spam...

Spam is when you send e-mails to people who don't want it...

And I can tell you very clearly that people on the before mentioned
mailinglist defenitly don't want you spam - they have subscribed to the
mailinglist to learn new info about the phpMyAdmin tool and nothing else!

By the way - phpMyAdmin is not a product that can be registered - so I
wonder where you have registered it? (if you've paid for it - you have been
cheated).

So again - this time I'm asking politely not to send out your unwanted spam
e-mails to our mailinglist... That shoulden't be so hard to understand?
--
Kind regards
  Geert Lund,