[Phpmyadmin-devel] Two problems...

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Thu Oct 11 09:58:13 CEST 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Loïc wrote:

> Hi Ignacio!
>
> >It has always been the sysadmin's job to maintain security. Any one who
> >is not doing that should be fired for gross incompetence (my opinion, of
> course).
>
> Right but I still don't know what is your opinion about the
> 'only_db'  setting ;)

Heh. It was in there when I originally wrote the reply, but I edited it out.

I like only_db. I've had instances where I wanted a user to see only a single
database (and yes, I also granted permissions properly ;) ) because they were
_not_ a computer person and seeing all the databases would only have confused
them. Being able to set up a second copy of phpMyAdmin (2.1.0 at the time) and
setting the single viewable database was quite convenient.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>