[Phpmyadmin-devel] Two problems...

Alain Brissaud alain at brissaud.com
Thu Oct 11 12:27:10 CEST 2001

Hi Loïc,

> Do you mean you use "only_db" to skip to stuffs to get the
> table list?
> You don't rely on this feature as a way to define access rights
> to your MySQL server, isn't it?

No, rights are for mysql, no doubts in my head ;-)

BUT,
1) in advanced auth, 'only_db' can be an array of db so if rights are correctly
set and 'only_db' too : I'm not sure I'm getting the problem ?!
2) much more important : in virtual hosting, you can't change mysql parameters :
it's not advanced auth but the 'only_db' feature is really important in real
life use of Pma in such environments.

Advanced auth is getting really a difficult problem (bookmark, only db ...) :
maybe the config.inc.php3 should be split in two with a
config_multi-user.inc.php3 much cleaner, maybe smarter and easy to administer.

Alain.