[Phpmyadmin-devel] Two problems...

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Thu Oct 11 14:11:10 CEST 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Loïc wrote:

> >I mean the SetEnv Apache directive, not the putenv() PHP function.
>
> Ouch, sorry... as usually I misread the message :o
> But I'm not sure many ISP allow their user to play with such a
> directive... Moreover I'm not sure "all" other server soft. know this
> directive.

It won't necessarily be used by the users, but by the ISPs techs instead so
that they can have one copy of pMA and instead have a
config_<hostname>.inc.php3 per virtual host.

And you're right about other web server software not under standing Apache
directives ;) I'm fairly certain, however, that they have methods for setting
environment variables. And if not, then they'll have to use multiple copies of
pMA as they do now, so there's nothing to lose by implementing that
functionality.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>

   "As far as I can tell / It doesn't matter who you are /
    If you can believe there's something worth fighting for."
       - "Parade", Garbage