[Phpmyadmin-devel] Radio_Head / White page using php 3.0.9 as an apache module

~{����... Graziano...����}~ dreamservice at libero.it
Tue Sep 4 13:58:08 CEST 2001

Regarding
http://www.phpwizard.net/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=5089&t=5040

Hello , I am Radio_Head (Graziano) from italy .
Well , I am not a php programmer however I try to help you .

Communitech is running php 3.0.9 as an apache module and php 4.0.6
as a cgi module .

Communitech uses following unix servers
System: SunOS backup 5.7 Generic_106541-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
mysql 3.22.25 , Apache Version: Apache/1.3.3

Well, no problem with phpmyadmin 2.1 , it runs fine on php 3.0.9

Installing phpmyadmin 2.2 and executing phpmyadmin on communitech servers
all clients receive only a blank page , absolutely nothing , no error ,
nothing,
only a white page .
Same problem using version with the .php3 and .php version (on communitech
php3 and php will execute php 3.0.9 )

OK, to avoid to rename all files with a cgi extension (required to run
phpmyadmin with php 4.0.6) I used an .htaccess file plus an handler.cgi
file as explained on
http://www.phpwizard.net/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=5089&t=5040 .

With this procedure all .php files inside /public_html/php are executed
using php 4.0.6 instead of php 3.0.9 .
Using php 4.0.6 in this way , phpmyadmin 2.2 works fine/perfectly and very
fast , but I had to replace all "require" and "include" commands as
explained on http://www.phpwizard.net/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=5089&t=5040 .

I don't have any idea because phpmyadmin doesn't work with php 3.0.9
on ct servers . Below you will find a php 3.0.9 info generated on a communitech
server , I hope it will be useful for you to identify why it doesn't work on
php 3.0.9 .

I don't know if the problem is restricted only to communitech clients
(currently
over 30.000) or this problem happened other places .

Thank you for your great work on phpmyadmin
Graziano , Roma , Italy

PHP Version 3.0.9
by Rasmus Lerdorf, Andi Gutmans, Zeev Suraski, Stig Bakken, Shane Caraveo,
Jim Winstead, and countless others.

System: SunOS backup 5.7 Generic_106541-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
Build Date: Jun 19 1999

Extensions
Extensions Additional Information
PHP core CFLAGS=-g -O2 -O2
HSREGEX=yes
Basic Functions No additional information.
PHP_DL Dynamic Library support enabled.
PHP_dir No additional information.
PHP_filestat No additional information.
PHP_file No additional information.
PHP_head No additional information.
Sendmail Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
Syslog No additional information.
MySQL Allow persistent links: No
Persistent links: 0/Unlimited
Total links: 0/Unlimited
Client API version: 3.22.25
Compilation definitions: MYSQL_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/mysql/include
MYSQL_LFLAGS=-R/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
MYSQL_LIBS=-lmysqlclient

Socket functions No additional information.
Regular Expressions Bundled regex library enabled
Apache APACHE_INCLUDE=-I../../apache/apache-fp_1.3.3/src/include
-I../../apache/apache-fp_1.3.3/src/os/unix
APACHE_TARGET=../../apache/apache-fp_1.3.3/src/modules/php3
Apache Version: Apache/1.3.3
Apache Release: 1030399
Apache API Version: 19980917
Hostname/port: www.*********.net:80
User/Group: nobody(60001)/60001
Max Requests: per child: 150    keep alive: on    max per connection: 15
Timeouts: connection: 1359656    keep-alive: 1800
Server Root: /usr/local/apache
Loaded modules: mod_php3, mod_frontpage, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite,
mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_cgi, mod_dir,
mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_mime, mod_log_referer, mod_log_agent,
mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Crypt No additional information.
DBM This is GDBM version 1.7.3, as of May 19, 1994.
bcmath No additional information.
browscap No additional information.
PHP_pack No additional information.
PCRE Perl Compatible Regular ExpressionsPCRE library version: 2.05 21-Apr-1999

Configuration
php3.ini file path is set to: /usr/local/lib
Directive Master Value Local Value
arg_separator  &  &
asp_tags 1 1
auto_prepend_file
auto_append_file
browscap  none  none
cgi_ext  none  none
debugger.host  none  none
debugger.port 0 0
define_syslog_variables 0 0
display_errors 1 1
doc_root
enable_dl 1 1
engine 1 1
error_log  none  none
error_append_string  none  none
error_prepend_string  none  none
error_reporting 7 7
extension_dir  ./  ./
gpc_order  GPC  GPC
ignore_user_abort 0 0
include_path
isapi_ext  none  none
last_modified 0 0
log_errors 0 0
max execution time 30 30
magic_quotes_gpc 0 1
magic_quotes_runtime 0 0
magic_quotes_sybase 0 0
memory limit 8388608 8388608
nsapi_ext  none  none
open_basedir  none  none
precision 14 14
safe_mode 0 0
safe_mode_exec_dir
sendmail_from  me at localhost.com  me at localhost.com
sendmail_path  /usr/sbin/sendmail  /usr/sbin/sendmail
short_open_tag 1 1
smtp  localhost  localhost
sql_safe_mode 0 0
track_errors 0 0
track_vars 1 1
upload_max_filesize 10485760 10485760
upload_tmp_dir  none  none
user_dir
warn_plus_overloading 0 0
xbithack 0 0
browscap  none  none
y2k_compliance 1 1
highlight_comment  #FF8000  #FF8000
highlight_default  #0000BB  #0000BB
highlight_html  #000000  #000000
highlight_string  #DD0000  #DD0000
highlight_bg  #FFFFFF  #FFFFFF
highlight_keyword  #007700  #007700

Environment
Variable Value
HOME /
LOGNAME root
PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin
SHELL /usr/bin/sh
TZ US/Central

PHP Variables
Variable Value
PHP_SELF /my_pcp/test.php

Apache Environment
Variable Value
AUTH_TYPE Basic
DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/*******/public_html
HTTP_ACCEPT application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, image/gif,
image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE it
HTTP_CONNECTION Keep-Alive
HTTP_HOST www.*********.net
HTTP_REFERER http://www.*******/my_pcp/01.htm
HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin
REMOTE_ADDR 151.15.69.137
REMOTE_PORT 2323
REMOTE_USER 157852
SCRIPT_FILENAME /home/******/public_html/test.php
SERVER_ADMIN *****@******.***
SERVER_NAME www.******.***
SERVER_PORT 80
SERVER_SIGNATURE Apache/1.3.3 Server at www.********.*** Port 80

SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) PHP/3.0.9 FrontPage/3.0.4.3
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1
REQUEST_METHOD GET
QUERY_STRING
REQUEST_URI /my_pcp/test.php
SCRIPT_NAME /my_pcp/test.php

HTTP Headers Information
HTTP Request Headers
HTTP Request GET /my_pcp/test.php HTTP/1.1
Accept application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, image/gif,
image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate
Accept-Language it
Authorization Basic MTU3ODUyOnl1anRoODcxaw==
Connection Keep-Alive
Host www.*********.***
Referer http://www.*********.***
User-Agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
HTTP Response Headers
Keep-Alive timeout=15, max=100
Connection Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding chunked
Content-Type text/html

PHP License
it under the terms of:

A) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
    Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
    any later version.

B) the PHP License as published by the PHP Development Team and
    included in the distribution in the file: LICENSE

You should have received a copy of both licenses referred to here.
If you did not, or have any questions about PHP licensing, please
contact core at php.net.