[Phpmyadmin-devel] Questions

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Fri Sep 7 07:46:02 CEST 2001

Hi List!

Here is a little list of question I need your advice about:

1) In the table properties page do we really need the
   browse/select/insert/delete and drop table links at the
   middle and the bottom of the page since they are already
   at the top?

2) I'm about to add a "libs" sub-directory where will be
   stored all the libraries because I think we should split
   the big "lib.inc.php3" in three smallest files:
   - one with common stuff (its name would be
     "common.inc.php3"... or "lib.inc.php3");
   - one with the functions used to display table
     ("display_table.inc.php3");
   - and the last one with the functions used to build dump
     files ("dump.inc.php3").

   This way loading the common stuff (this is required by
   all the scripts) will be faster and somtimes the server
   will love it ;)
   Do you agree this idea? (I've already received a reply
   from Olivier & Marc about it: they say yes)

3) About the cfgShowBlob variable I wonder if it's the
   right limitation. I mean if the problem is to hide
   binary data, we should also test other column types and
   flags (varchar binary....) and rename this setting to
   cfgShowBinary.

4) A more annoying thing: please have a look here:
   http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=137826&forum_id=72908

   Steve faced the same problem but I can't reproduce it.
   Does anyone else faced it and may find where the error
   is?

Regards,
Loïc