[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.3.x or 3.x ?
loic-div at ifrance.com
Tue Sep 25 13:21:04 CEST 2001
>thus I think that it better of preparer the
>version 3.x with new functionality and graphic system
Well it must be for 3.x.
Let's remain some coding standards in version numbers
for most open source projects. There are three digits:
- the third one change for bug fixes only ;
- the second one when modifications regards large part of the
- and the first one for major changes.
With these conventions:
- the next version could be 2.2.1 or a 2.3.0 since the big
"lib.inc.php3" has been splitted;
- a new interface like the nice one you suggested and thumbnails
must lead to a 3.x version since it implies far or less a rewrite of
of the whole script.
ifrance.com, l'email gratuit le plus complet de l'Internet !
vos emails depuis un navigateur, en POP3, sur Minitel, sur le WAP...
More information about the Developers