[Phpmyadmin-devel] Use of the phpmyadmin html code in another app

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed Apr 24 20:11:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Shadow wrote:
> I'm currently writing a php administration program for an irc server and
> was wondering if the developers have any problem with me using the
> phpmyadmin html + javascript code.
I certainly don't have any problems with you using our code, so long as
you credit it to us in there, and don't try to claim it as your own.

Given that we are an open source project, there is nothing really stopping
you from using the code anyway, since you are using it in an open source
project.

> I use phpmyadmin daily and its a damn nice piece of software.
Thanks!

> The code I'm working on would be released as open source so there isnt
> really a licensing concern i dont think, but i wanted your approval
> anyways.
For the licensing, your code would need to be under a GPL license, not any
of the other open source licenses, as phpMyAdmin is under GPL.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2