[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0 Roadmap Discussion

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Mon Apr 29 17:06:26 CEST 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:

> Robin Johnson a écrit :
> >
> > On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 rcaskey at arches.uga.edu wrote:
> > > Basically, I am thinking that since phpMyAdmin has started to pollute
> > > the database with tables of its own that it might as well use a standard
> > > prefix to add a few more tables to enable more features (eventually down
> > > the road)...
> >
> > I didn't read the rest of your email yet, but as regards PMA polluting
> > dataspace, I think it is best if we just standardize on using a single
> > database for all of our tables. I use 'phpMyAdmin' as my database for all
> > of relations and bookmarks, as well as my new DB configuration system.
> Robin,
>
> in a multi-user configuration, how can you put the relationtable in a
> central db? Did you add a 'user' field?  Do you let users modify the
> relationtable?
All of my configuration thus far has been per server, as instead of having
PMA connected to multiple servers, I just replicate the phpMyAdmin and
mysql databases between my two servers.

I'm the only human user of phpMyAdmin in my setup.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2