AW: Re(2): [Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0 Roadmap Discussion

Beck, Mike mike.beck at ibmiller.de
Tue Apr 30 04:55:01 CEST 2002

> Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, the appropriate
> place to manage
> user permissions is within MySQL. You grant select access to the
> relations table for everyone, but only the administrator gets
> access to
> UPDATE the relations table.

this won't work for ISPs - can't see them handling the relations for a few
hundred clients databases. so there is only two possibilities:

a) have the relationstable in the users database
or
b)
for modifying the relationtable test the users rights on the table. i have
written a script to modify the relationtable (without this feature) and sent
it to marc, hope it will be in cvs as soon as he finished restructuring the
tbl_properties page (it is suppossed to be called with a link from this
page).
i think the neat way to do it would be to make this script check if a user
wants to put in links from table "a" as mastertable to test if he has e.g.
the alterpriv for table "a".

regards

mike beck