[Phpmyadmin-devel] CVS Demo copy on http://www.phpmyadmin.net

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Aug 1 21:10:14 CEST 2002

Hi List,

After Loic asked me to update the demo CVS tree, I had an idea, and wrote
up a little script to make life easier.

It:
Updates the CVS demo tree
Fixes the permission on it for everybody.
Recreates the PMA_* tables in the databases if needed.

I've got it running from my crontab every 4 hours, so we shouldn't have to
touch the demo site much at all now, until one of us makes a new setting
in the config.inc.php3 file that actually needs customized human input in
the file to work.

>From doing this, I would like to suggest a few things regarding sensible
defaults for phpMyAdmin.

Could we put the default names of the tables found in pmadb in the
configuration file, and leave the pmadb string empty, so the new users
only needs to run a script that creates all of the tables in a database
they specify and fill in the database name in the configuration file.

Alternatively, it might also be useful to have a button somewhere, perhaps
in the chk_rel.php3 script, that creates the required tables on demand if
needed.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net