[Phpmyadmin-devel] Charset related SQL parser bug

Michal Cihar cihar at liten.cz
Mon Aug 5 02:32:02 CEST 2002

Hi

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Robin Johnson wrote:

> Could one of our iconv/charset people tell me what is going on with bug
> #590898 that the systems are generating weird queries like that ?

I don't think that this bug was caused by charset conversion, at least
because around WebMaster are normal quotes and these messy characters are
just around the other words. My guess is that this sql was pasted from
some "clever" program which makes automatically opening and closing quotes
(aren't they on Windows on these positions? When I convert the text from
windows-1252 to iso-8859-1 I get instead these strange chars
opening and closing quotes: `Treasurer´).

	Michal Cihar