[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: SQL Parser Status + Update

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Wed Aug 7 08:46:07 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Johnson" <robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net>
> There is one major functionality change. The existing -rc4 and CVS code
> did a die() call on a failure of the parser, I did that for the moment to
> strongly encourage bug reports. I've got them fixed now, so the behaviour
> is changing just to printing out the error message from the parser system,
> and carrying on doing whatever else was being done.

Perhaps this should be handled by a config variable like
$cfg['UseDebugMode'] = { TRUE | FALSE };
I blieve that there are some users out there that install phpMyAdmin on a
non-productional machine and want to support our development.
Of course, this directive should default to FALSE in final versions.

> At the moment, the BUG() code has been abstracted to PMA_SQP_BUG() in the
> SQLParser library, but in 2.3.1 or otherwise soonish, PMA will gain a
> proper BUG() function.
>
> My PMA_SQP_BUG() presently includes:
> Error Message
> CVS $Id$ of sqlparser
> MySQL version
> User OS/Browser/BrowserVersion
> PMA version
> PMA version/OS
> SQL query
>
> Do you have any other suggestions of things that might be handy to have in
> tracking down bugs?

HTTP server software / version, php version, MySQL version...
Perhaps some information about the php / MySQL configuration...
Windows XP activation key, root password, the user's shoe size...

Happy Coding,

Alexander