[Phpmyadmin-devel] Documentation

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri Aug 9 02:22:03 CEST 2002

Hi List,

I'm busy updating the documentation for the final release on sunday. I
still have a few sections to do, namely the stuff about the SQL Validator,
but other than that, it documented all of the changes regarding the SQL
Parser, as well as put in documentation about configuration variables that
were in the config.inc.php3 file, but not the documentation, and I have
re-arranged the configuration file and Documentation Configuration section
some so that the variables all come in the same order.

>From having to deal with the size that the documentation is getting, I
really think that it is time it got easier to manage. On those lines, I'm
going to work on an XML documentation system for 2.3.1, to make
everybody's life easier. I plan to use XSLT + XML Schema to ensure well
formed documentations that are easily converted to HTML/Text/PDF etc.
Either that setup, or I will take a look at DocBook, since it is a fairly
common standard as well.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net