[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: MAJOR security hole

"Thomas Bähr [Office]" baehr at glaswald.de
Mon Aug 12 03:10:02 CEST 2002

Hi Robin an the others,

>http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Welcome+to+phpMyAdm
>in+2.3.0%22&meta=
> >
> > With using some of these URL's you can do stuff like:
> > http://www1.tsimtung.com/phpMyAdmin/sql.php?goto=/etc/passwd&btnDrop=No
>
>I've just merged a fix against that, but it needs some testing since I do
>not have a machine here which is affected by this securety hole.

*G* that has been a very stupid function in the first case .. one should
always watch security than coding such stuff
I did not check how you fixed that but I guess the easiest way whould be to
add $cfg[PmaAsoluteUri] to the $is_gotofile var
so the above would result in
"http://www1.tsimtung.com/phpMyAdmin/etc/passwd" an therefor fail ;-)

Thomas