[Phpmyadmin-devel] MAJOR security hole

Marc Delisle Delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Aug 12 07:09:02 CEST 2002

Robin Johnson wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> And other nefarious things. I found a few sites where I could access their
> entire database with full rights, even some where they have configured the
> user to root and I could change the mysql database.

I know at least one distribution of Linux that installs MySQL with user
root and no password.

Let's add a red warning when we detect that they are using 'config' auth
mode, with a blank password, to try to educate the admin of this system.