[Phpmyadmin-devel] How to create user in mySQL ?

Marc Delisle delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Dec 5 06:55:03 CET 2002

Manisha wrote:
> I want to create mySQL user through phpMyAdmin. I inserted one record in
> mysql.user table and one in mysql.db table,

A better way to create the user would be to use the User management
page in phpMyAdmin: click on Home, then on Users.

Don't forget to reload the MySQL server (there is a link that does
that in phpMyAdmin)

You can test the newly created user by
a login with this user in phpMyAdmin (using http or cookie auth mode).

About your script, try removing the @ before mysql_connect to see
error messages.

And please next time, use the forums or the -users mailing list.

Marc