[Phpmyadmin-devel] Question of Copyright

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed Feb 6 17:16:16 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Christian Lamine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there are any doubts if I would
> develop an freeware extension for macromedia dreamweaver
> basing upon the javascript function 'setPointer' (this one
> which colorizes tablerows on mouseover) included in
> phpMyAdmin version 2.2.2.
>
> I'm sorry I found no hint who developed this function
> initially. I would like to get in contact with the author
> of this function to clarify any conditions or needs
> concerning publishing his function as an extension.
>
> So please contact me.
Based on the fact that phpMyAdmin is GPL software, it should just be that
license that you need to comply with. If I recall correctly, this would
mean: including the GPL license, and making your source available as well.
Alternatively, you can get permission from the author to use it in other
ways.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net