[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Ready for 2.2.4? - TS?

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Tue Feb 19 15:30:02 CET 2002

Mmm, just a last little thing: the Timestamp NOW() problem
has not yet been solved...

A a few weeks before, the function of the first field of
type timestamp was set as "NOW()", which is the default behaviour
when you use the mysql text client. Now, after change of loic
if I remember correctely, it's not working this way anymore.
Which way is the best ? Otherwise we could add another config
variable to set the default behaviour: IMHO the NOW() should
*also* be set on UPDATE(), not only on INSERT() : that is
exactely why the timestamp field is made for :)

And other thing: if the field is not empty, shouldn't the
NULL Checkbox be ignored ? (in tbl_replace directely).
It's fine with "good" browsers with correct JS handling,
but for example with Opera under linux, well... :)

Regards,
Olivier, which will release the files then tomorrow morning :)