[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: table name with "." / pma demo

Lo�c loic-div at ifrance.com
Mon Jul 15 06:32:16 CEST 2002

Marc wrote:

>phpMyAdmin did not check for a dot in db, table or column
>name.

Hu, you're right. And there is a codding standard problem
in the "PMA_checkReservedWords" function from the
"common.lib.php3" script at line 1343: TRUE should be
capitalized.

>MySQL gave an error when creating the db, table.

Yep, that's why we don't check for these invalid characters:
MySQL does it very well... except for some buggy versions!

>MySQL accepted to create the column, and to delete it.

Yep because it's indeed a valid character for columns name.

Loïc