[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re(3): Adding query box on the structure page

Sun Jul 21 15:36:06 CEST 2002

Alexander Turek wrote:

>Loïc wrote:
>
>>Alexander wrote:
>>
>>>What about letting the user open a small query window
>>>via JS by clicking on a link in the left frame? This
>>>would allow him to use the query box from anywhere.
>>>I'll build a patch tomorrow.
>>>
>>Good idea as soon it can also work with a browser that
>>can't parse js (it can be easilly done).
>>

>Fine. Let's keep this idea for 2.3.1.
>Since Marc did not like the idea of putting the link into the left frame,

If the idea was to add a small icon next to each table name in the left
frame, I think it uses too much
valuable space and would force some users to widen the left frame to see
their table names.

But maybe a link in the left frame that opens an empty query box
(pop-up) would be ok.

>I'd suggest to use the SQL link in tbl_properties_links / db_details_links
>instead: If the user has JS enabled, the query box window will pop up, otherwise
>he will be leaded to the normal SQL page.
>What about that?

By putting the query box in a pop-up, do you have the objective of
always being able to enter a query, regardless
of what is displayed in the right frame?