[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re(3): SQL parser

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Tue Jul 23 01:31:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Loïc wrote:

> >PMAsqp_ or PMA_SQP_
> >(I'd go for the second one, as it is still compliant
> >with the PEAR naming conventions
> Right, the second one is a good choice IMHO.
Done.

> >As things stand, I have been using
> >PMA_sqlParser_* for functions specific to the parser
> >PMA_str_* for functions dealing with strings
> >and PMA_* for functions not directly specific to the
> >parser (the character type matching for example).
> OK for "PMA_SQP_" in place of "PMA_sqlParser_" but why
> having a prefix for string function?
They are heavily used with the parser, but they are not part of the
parser. They have a much broader scope in terms of what they do, which is
why I wanted to put them seperately.

Additionally, there is one thing I was going to be doing with them for
speed reasons. If the 'ctype' extension is available, then there are high
speed C versions of nearly all of these functions, which should be used
instead. This is the other reason for the indirection. If the extension is
not available, then just use my PHP versions of the functions.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2