[Phpmyadmin-devel] suggestion for Documentation after 2.3

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed Jul 24 11:18:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > idealy a ? icon should be beside every user input field.
> Maybe not +AF8-every+AF8- input fields, or the interface will be really full of
> question marks.
Hmm, actually thinking about this more,
It would be nice to have a few levels of help for displaying the question
marks.
(Using defined constants)
HELP_NONE
HELP_COMMON
HELP_RARE
HELP_ALL (really HELP_COMMON | HELP_RARE)

The 'rare' ones would be things that are not commonly used, as opposed to
the common ones.

> If feasible, I would prefer to keep only one file, because:
> 1. easier to print
> 2. easier to search into
>
> But I realize that projects like mysql.com have it all: one file per
> subject, one file per chapter, one big file, or PDF.
Actually, if we split it up for the master, we can generate all of the
other formats you want.
html-split
html-complete
etc.

> By the way, I thought that the browser cache would keep
> Documentation.html in memory, but I just made a test and it is sent
> again. Anybody knows why?
Nope.

> >  3) i expect nobody ever really hoped we could get the whole docu
> > translated, or?
> I think at least the Install section should be translated (but wait, the
> English version needs reworking)
Ok.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson