[Phpmyadmin-devel] Can not select each server's charset ?

Michal Cihar nijel at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 18 11:12:09 CEST 2002

Hi

Sorry I sent this accidently answer to this yesterday to luc not to the list.
And as I see I also didn't read carefuly at the question.

Could somebody of you please add to config.inc.php3 note that
$cfg['DefaultCharset'] does not take any effect when charsets recoding is
switched off by $cfg['AllowAnywhereRecoding'] or in language file?

On Monday 17 June 2002 04:53, luc wrote:
> I don't want to set $cfg['DefaultCharset'] statically in config.inc.php3.
> Because we can't select the charset to each MySQL server with different
> charset.

This charset configuration is currently very simmilar to language
configuration. You set something as default in config and user can (if
enabled) select any charset from these listed in config. If you disable
recoding in config you get same behaviour as in previous version and this
variable is ignored.

> This feature is not good, I think.

I think it is great ;-)

Regards