[Phpmyadmin-devel] New SQL Parser - now mostly complete

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Jun 20 17:02:03 CEST 2002

Hi List,

The new SQL parser is functional now, and very capable as well as fast.
Again I am looking for hints and ideas about PHP3 incompatibilites if
there are any in my code (I'm not sure).

http://games.techbc.ca/~robbat2/sqlparse.php

If there is some long and convoluted but still valid query that you want
me to test my code on, please send it my way. Check out the LARGE_* query
tests before you do though.

I'd like suggestions on how to make it even faster on the huge query sets,
like the SQL_MS_SQL* tests that I have in the test harness.

The current code now uses absoltely NO Regex or PCRE functions, and does
nearly everything via strings with a few arrays.

I'd also like suggestions on what we want the indenting to look like, so
that I can code it in as well. Any specific preferences?

The only thing that remains in my code is more SQL validator, which is
mainly for the structure, like missing brackets/quotes etc. I don't think
I will do validation of the keywords or number of function arguments.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2