[Phpmyadmin-devel] default tab => 'Structure' ?

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Sat Jun 22 16:51:01 CEST 2002

[ auto-answer :) ]

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 12:59:07AM +0200, Olivier M. wrote:
> > Rather than hardcoding it, could we perhaps make it a configuration
> > variable?
>
> yes, would be nice.

so, I wanted to do that tonight, but I saw it would take a bit more
work than I first imagined: the default tab is actually hard coded
in index.php and left.php. So it would require 2 arrays like
'SQL' -> 'db_details.php3'
'Structure' -> 'db_details_structure.php3', ... etc. ...
somewhere, with some checks if the parameters are valid (and display
a default tab if it not the case), and documentation: too much for
me that night (must work tomorrow :/).

> > Some other notes about Tabs:
> > Of the table tabs, Empty should be next to Drop, and Red as well.

done.

> > Of the database tabs, Query-By-Example seems a very long title, maybe we
> > shorten it to 'QBE', or change it somehow to make it all go on one line.

done (for french and english).

> > The QBE page also doesn't have the tabs at the top like the other db pages
>
> looks like a bug which should be fixed for rc2.

also something a bit more difficult than a 2-minutes work :)

Displaying the tabs while browsing would maybe also be nice? (in sql.php)
would look more consistant...

regards & good nite,
Olivier