[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Tab Design

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Wed Jun 26 13:13:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Delisle" <Delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca>

> Olivier M. wrote:
>
> > Alex,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:11:21PM +0200, Rabus wrote:
> >
> >>For all linux users, I attached two screenshots that will show you the
> >>difference between the ie6 and the Opera interpretation on my machine.
> >>

> > (off topic)
> > what about reducing the size of the "QBE" label in german ? I tried to
find
> > a better term in German, but have not found one yet... Vielleicht
> > hast Du eine Idee? :)
> >
> > Olivier
> >

> Use tooltips on the tabs?  (Because I am not happy with the word "Query"
> as a synonym for "Query-by-example").

Tooltips would be a good idea.
But imho we can't solve this problem by shorten the tab labels since there
will always be a translation that cannot be kept that short.
Furthermore we have to remeber that we left the font size browser dependant,
so we have to deal with tabs that include a line feed...

Alexander