[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: time for an rc2-release?

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Sun Jun 30 04:56:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 01:03:37PM +0200, Rabus wrote:
> > Yes, I will release -rc2 it in a few hours if there are no objections.
>
> All right, but... ... ...
> could we wait until the soccer final is over? ;-)

well, you have 15 minutes break now, still 0-0 :)

> Something else:
> Since our libraries are named *.lib.php3, what about renaming the language
> files to *.lang.php3?

mmm, possible, but cvs is not really rename-friendly... But if you
have nothing else to do this week-end... :)

> > - in create-release.sh there would be a reminder to use sync-lang.sh to
> > generate the -utf-8 files
> >
> > - Should we show all -utf-8 files?
>
> imho, the language drop down menu is getting too large.
>
> I had the following idea:
> We only show the available laguages in the menu. After having selected his
> laguage, the user can choose his preferred charset.
> What do you think about that?

I think the current solution is ok: the majority of theend- users probably
don't have a clue  what a charset is, so 2 <select> just for language + charset
(plus the page reload because of that) would be too much IMHO.

> I'm watching soccer now :o)

enjoy :)
Olivier